From time to time, annoying things will happen around your home. For example, minor issues with your electrical system may not seem like a big deal. However, these small irritations can become major problems. How can you tell when it’s time to contact a residential electrical contractor? Here are a few guidelines for you from Polk Electric in Rock Hill, SC on when you should call a residential electrician to take a look at your home:
- Outdated electrical system – Old electrical systems can be dangerous. It may not be an emergency now, but call us to come by and take a look before something serious happens.
- Consistently flickering lights – You already know that flickering lights can be incredibly annoying. But this could also be a sign that it’s time to make some updates like rewiring.
- An outlet that doesn’t work – If you have one or more electrical outlets that have stopped working, you need to contact a residential electrical contractor immediately. Never attempt to fix an outlet on your own because you could put yourself in harm’s way.
- Rusty electrical panel – Seeing rust on an electrical panel is a bad sign. Rust is the result of the oxidation process and can put you in dangerous situations if you aren’t careful. Call a residential electrician in South Carolina to take care of the job.
- Unusual power outage – Electrical outages are common when there’s bad weather. However, if the power goes out without any explanation, it could be a sign of a serious problem. Call us to come check it out.
Do you need a reliable electrician that you can count on to fix your home’s electrical system? Request a quote from Polk Electric and we’ll guarantee you’ll be satisfied with our repairs. Contact our electricians and let us help you today!